- Why Should Investors Choose You?
- 2017 Fund Report Cards - by Category
- 2017 Fund Report Cards - by Family
- Important Fund Changes
- Market Timing (using momentum of moving averages)
- Past Performance as a Fund Selector
- Sales Presentation Ammo
- Advice of the Financial Press
- Fund Statistics Analysis
- Mutual Fund History
- Asset Allocation and Models
- Failure of Dollar-Cost Averaging
successful asset allocation
We believe these various considerations will dictate a portfolio makeup ranging from a most aggressive stock / bond ratio of 80/20 to a conservative stock / bond ratio of 20/80. While many investors and advisors alike construct senior portfolios comprised strictly of fixed income investments, we believe that even the most conservative income-oriented elderly investor needs purchasing power protection, which traditionally comes from owning equities (stocks) not debt (bonds).
In November 1988, long before they became fashionable, AFS president Jeff McTague created four distinct investment portfolios to specifically track the investor lifecycle. Through good times and bad, they have performed quite well.
Senior Retirement Portfolio
Also in this section, you will find researched reports on:
- The current allocation of the mutual fund marketplace, showing where investors are investing and where the mutual fund managers are investing,
- Previous years breakdowns show the changing face of the mutual fund marketplace,
- Callan-type charts depicting the changing fortunes of various investment categories and types,
- Historical look at the benefits of being allocated in a bear market,
- The effects of adding international exposure to a portfolio,
- Historical look at various asset allocation models including lifecycle models
- a performance analysis of your firm's in-house asset allocation models – BY REQUEST
- Support for the soothing power of allocation even in a portfolio of the most aggressive sector funds.
Subscriber-Only Access to the Following Research Reports:
- A Lifetime of Winning Allocation Portfolios
- Accumulator Portfolio - Outpaces the S&P 500
- Transition Portfolio - Getting Ready to Get Ready for Retirement
- Retirement Portfolio - Increased Life Expectancy Demands Continued Equity Exposure
- Senior Retirement Portfolio - Income and Safety Become King
- What is the Allocation of the Fund Universe - by Stocks / Bonds / Cash
- What is the Allocation of the Fund Universe - by Geography
- What is the Allocation of the Fund Universe - Domestic Equity
- What is the Allocation of the Fund Universe - by Bond Duration
- What is the Allocation of the Fund Universe - by Sectors
- Value of a Blended Allocation - 1986 thru 2014
- Allocation Smoothes the Return of Even the Most Volatile Funds
- Allocation Provides a Hedge to Some Really Bad Years
- Finishing Only 13th on Average, Mid Cap is the Number One Category!
- International Exposure Has Been Great for Portfolio Performance
- Best Example Ever of Why We Believe in Rebalancing
- Which Provides the Better Return, Growth or Value?
- Performance Comparisons - 17 Fixed Income Categories
- Annual Average Return Rank is More Important than Annual Average Return
- Annual Return Rank Comparisons - 28 Different Countries
- Annual Return Rank Comparisons - Bonds Rated B to AAA
- Annual Return Rank Comparisons - Various Commodities
- Not Allocated During the Market Crash of 1987
- Not Allocated During the Market Crash of 2000-2002
- Not Allocated During the Market Crash of 2007-2008
- Breakdown of Core - Growth - Value
Join Other Professionals – For $29/month or $295/year (2 months FREE) , - cancel anytime - you gain access to the entire library of over 600 research reports, studies, proofs, and other support documents intended to provide investment professionals a proven approach to mutual fund investing. This powerful information will help you convert prospects into clients and solidify relationships with existing clients.